|Commitment hours: 8-15 hours weekly. Job length: We are looking for a minimum of 1 year commitment.
Global Potential is currently seeking an individual for accounting position to help further develop and manage a system to monitor, track and report profit and loss (P&L); Produce quarterly reports, in conjunction with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors, and produce an annual financial report.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
• Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients
• Monitor and prepare IRS filings (typically 3 minor forms and form 990)
• Salesforce – QuickBooks revenue reconciliations
• Bank reconciliations.
• Expense logs – QuickBooks reconciliations
• Google Checkout and Razoo – QuickBooks reconciliations
• Research for previous years (PY) expenses, scan PY receipts and recreate PY financial statements.
• Prepare budget in QuickBooks and different budget scenarios into a spreadsheet
• Create 2012-13 program budgets with notes/narrative
• Prepare the 2012-13 operational budget for approval
• Training for field staff on expense accounting (procedures)
• Do updated non-profit report on Guidestar
• Add Global Potential to Charity Navigator
• Scan all receipts
• Explore Charity Navigator and Better Business Bureau (20 standards) for creating
• Internal Controls
• Internal Controls - accounting procedures
• 2007-Current Financial Statement Project (according to FASB)
|Additional Skills Required:|
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, enthusiastic personality
- Ability to work independently and creatively, as well as part of a team
- Ability to pay strong attention to details,
- Solid, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills (PC and/or MAC): Microsoft Office, Excel, Internet
- Ability to write financial reports.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Knowledge of google docs a plus
- Knowledge of quickbooks a plus
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting a plus
- Additional languages a plus
Education: Currently studying accounting or related field, preferably holding at least an undergraduate degree or Masters degree in accounting|
|220 5th Ave. 8th Floor|
New York, New York 10001
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|