Part Time Supervising Bookkeeper
|As the Part-Time Supervising Bookkeeper, you will partner with the company President and Board of Directors to develop and implement sustainable strategies to help streamline accounting/financial functions throughout the organization. Additionally, you work closely with the Director of Treasury to maintain financial compliance of the organization on the federal, state, and local level, as well as managing the daily financial operations and volunteer staff assigned to bookkeeping. This a great professional development opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about media production as part of a progressive group with a positive message.
Key responsibilities include:
• Managing accounts receivable/payable and vendor communications,
• Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, providing critical information to the President and Board of Directors on an ad-hoc, monthly and quarterly basis,
• Supporting the Director of Treasury in coordinating and preparing the annual audit, including A-133 and 990 questionnaire,
• Implementing and managing fiscal processes and procedures for the office
• Helping President and BOD develop strategies to improve our financial systems to meet the organization’s short- and long-term goals,
• Other duties to be assigned, as needed.|
|Additional Skills Required:|
|The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Econ or a related field (master’s preferred); 3-5+ years’ relevant experience in a bookkeeping/accounting role (at a non-profit or start-up a plus); a keen interest in public health, human rights, and/or sustainable industries; and a “no job is too small” attitude. Must be a self-starter who is organized, energetic, and technically proficient in QuickBooks, MS Office Suite and Google applications. Strong writing and communications skills in a detailed oriented environment needed. CPA certification a bonus, but not required.
Please be available to commute to our East Cambridge office location.
Hours: 5-10 hours per week|
|355 Cambridge St|
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02141
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|