ReStore Assistant and Internet Marketing Intern
|The ReStore Assistant and Internet Marketing Intern will develop an internet marketing plan for the ReStore with websites such as Craigslist, EBay, Half.com and other internet outlets.
• Assist ReStore Manager and Assistant Manager in Restore daily activities.
• At the direction of the ReStore manager, post unique donations, large shipments, or other applicable items on appropriate website (collectibles, antiques, items deemed of significant dollar value).
• Regularly maintain the ReStore accounts with all applicable websites updating content as directed to do so.
• Keep up-to-date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
• Assist volunteers as needed.
BENEFITS TO INTERN
• Internship course credit
• The opportunity to interact with a variety of different people
• Learn valuable marketing and retail skills.
• Opportunity to see the inner workings of a nonprofit.
• Being part of the SF/SCV Habitat for Humanity ReStore's mission to support the construction of housing for low-income families by reusing, recycling, and selling building materials and furnishings donated by the community
This is an unpaid position.
• Store hours: Tuesday through Saturday 9am – 6pm
• Interns must work at least 2 full days or 4 half days per week
|Additional Skills Required:|
• Intermediate - Advanced level computer skills are required.
• Knowledge and experience with Craigslist.com, Ebay.com, Half.com
• Knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word.
• Prior merchandising, pricing, and inventory experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated history of being a driven self-starter who is able to work independently.
• Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of SF/SCV Habitat for Humanity.
• Must possess the ability to plan, organize, and handle multiple functions simultaneously and communicate clearly and courteously, both verbally and in writing.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
• On-going supervisions and training will be provided as needed.
|9606 De Soto Ave.|
Chatsworth, California 91311
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|