Eco Africa Social Ventures is a US-based nonprofit dedicated to empowering Zimbabwean women by equipping them with skills and resources to produce and sell arts and crafts made from recycled paper. Please visit our website at
http://www.ecoafricasocialventures.org/Eco_Africa_Social_Ventures_2010/EASV_2010_-_HOME.html for more information. Eco Africa’s founder, Janice Ashby, was interviewed by Business Week in 2009. You can watch the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nm_dqK250. The video gives a good overview and background. We are currently looking for an Accounts Director.
- Oversee the accounting activities required to maintain Eco Africa’s general ledger
- Review accounting systems on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of posting
- Maintain organized set of detailed records to document financial transactions
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve accounting processes and procedures
- Work closely with our Financial Advisor and Executive Director to produce annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports
- 5+ hours per week
- Working from home most of the time
- If you are interested in the Director of Operations position, please send your resume and cover letter to Mufaro Dube at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates will be selected through an interview and qualification review process.
|Additional Skills Required:|
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports
- Ability to effectively use a modern automated financial management system a plus|
| Virtual Project (Home/Office)|
| Ongoing Project|
|Click here to Apply|